Clock Hours: 15 Student -Teacher Ratio Class 40
Duration: 5 week
Educational Requirements: Applicants must have completed at least 12th grade or GED.
Pre-Requisite: Applicants must be at least 18, and must have completed at least 12th grade or GED
The Medical Terminology Course Curriculum is designed for students who are preparing for a career in the health professions. This course provides skills necessary to build an extensive medical vocabulary required by healthcare professionals. At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Analyze medical terms by combining root words, suffixes, and prefixes.
2. Accurately define medical terms using diagnostic and procedural suffixes.
3. Spell medical terms with 100% accuracy.
4. Comprehend medical terminology used in case reports.
5. Identify concepts of critical thinking and reasoning.